Monday, February 1, 2016

It's FEBRUARY: 36 weeks update

36 weeks - as in 9 months, folks.  Less than 4 weeks til her due date! CRAZY.  In the next few weeks, I will probably update weekly - until you know, she arrives!

SEATGATE 2015/2016: Still getting plenty of seats.  I even had an elderly lady defend my "pregnant" honor.  The other day, when I got on, there were several available seats. I unknowingly sat down in one in an area meant for people who need seats (ie, handicapped, elderly, very pregnant...) which technically I fall into the "need seats" category. Within a few stops, there were no more available seats. I was playing on my phone when an able bodied gray haired (but not elderly) man tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a sign behind me. I was confused and he pointed again so I turned and looked above and saw the sign said the seats were for those who needed it.  He did not say please or excuse me can I have this seat, he was just demanding and self entitled. Although I felt I was probably in the intended category, I am able to stand so I started to get up and move- but the elderly woman next to me grabbed my arm and said, "Excuse me, but she's pregnant."  The angry gray haired man just looked at me and I told the woman "thank you but I can stand---" and she once again said, "She's pregnant, it's not safe for her to be standing and tossed around."  And so the grumpy man moved along and demanded a seat from someone else.

Yay for good people on the metro - and guess what? She was southern, no surprise there.  Of course, had someone really needed my seat, I would gladly give it up to him or her.  Also, I would have given up my seat to this man to avoid any scene. But, how demanding and entitled??? He was NOT southern, not at all.



How Far Along: 

36 weeks- countdown til baby girl is here! Here is a pic of our girl at Garth last night!




35 weeks in a Blizzard 

Baby Size:
Baby girl is the size of some type of lettuce (romaine, swiss chard, etc) depending on which "chart" you look at.  According to these charts, she is hovering around 5.75-6 pounds and 18.75 inches long. But, when we go in for our appointment tomorrow, maybe we find out more specific measurements.


Maternity Clothes:

Yes - and Dave's sweatshirts. I am a total FATTY now.  I am totally in that BIG stage of pregnancy - oh and the start to swell a lot phase.  So MATERNITY clothing only - and more specifically, maternity clothes that are looser or larger on me are great! (or stretchy!) My cute maternity "skinny" pants are often not an option anymore.


Sleep:

Not well at all. And Dave recently pointed out that I always breathe so loudly and get up a lot so he doesn't sleep too well either.  I guess we are both being prepped for baby girl's arrival and those sleepless nights - although honestly, I wish we could "prep" by having LOTS of sleep!


Movement:

Yes!! Girl seems to be moving more - which makes me think she is in no hurry to get out as I think one of the signs of impending labor is less movement.  To be fair, she may not be moving more than she was in the past - she may just be bigger so Dave and I can feel stronger movements.  As of the last appointment (34.5 weeks), baby girl is head down - so we are praying she stays that way.


Best Moments of the Past 4 weeks:

WORKING ON AD'S NURSERY!  My sister came and helped organize AD's closet and hang a few pictures and wash clothes - so that was great, because although I could do it by myself, she is much better at organizing. There is a point of organizing where it's messier than it is clean, and that is where I fall apart. But Marley can handle that part!  Also Dave and I worked on the nursery this weekend - we still have a couple more weekends of work but we are close!





Hand washing her smocked newborn daygowns.  That sounds so silly- but its true. During the snowstorm, I hand washed her NB gowns and bonnet and I was so giddy thinking that she will soon be here and wearing those clothes!

Hearing she was still head down! (Way to go, girl!!)

IT IS FEBRUARY!!!!!


Food Cravings:

Sweets. Cereal. Fruit. good Salads.  

Food Aversions:

Still don't like meat very much.....

What I Miss:

Moscow Mules, White Wine, Sushi


What I Am Looking Forward To:

Moving to the weekly appointments (36-40) - I know these appointments are not supposedly that fun, but to me, it signifies the end. Plus, maybe we can find out "progress" each week!

Putting the final touches on her nursery over the next week or two. Her bedding should be arriving this week (Thanks Bella!)

Finishing packing my hospital suitcase and having it by the door.  Let's be honest - AD's suitcase has been packed (mostly) because well patty gowns, bows and smocked dresses are WAY more fun to pack than "loose clothes" for a "post baby" body haha.

Enjoying our last few moments as a family of two.

Milestones:

AD attended her first concert last night- GARTH! She moved around a lot so she must love music like her daddy! He said "That's my girl."

36 weeks - home stretch. I know 36 weeks is not full term and I would prefer she bake in there a bit longer - but I feel like 36+ weeks is a safe normal time to arrive, so I feel comfortable knowing that if she starts to arrive anytime soon, we are in the "normal" zone.



Pregnancy Symptoms:

 Weight gain, achy hips and lower back, constant bathroom trips, lots of leg cramps, INSOMNIA, ribs hurt. Also, I am now very swollen.  I am trying my best to drink a lot of lemon water and eat healthy because I don't want anything to make me swell more.

I recently have had to to start pushing myself off my seat with my hands - like an old lady. Cant wait to be able to move like I used to again.


Gender:

A sweet baby GIRL!!! 


Weight Gain:

Ughh, can this be the part of pregnancy where I QUIT telling you my weight gain?  It's higher than I would like - and some of that has been recent.  My body was not gaining a lot and then BAM overnight I put on some weight this week.  (I will get an official number tomorrow but my guess is 25+) I think a lot of the recent weight gain is swelling but even so, I was motivated to return to healthy eating habits (after about a month off) so I went shopping and have a kitchen full of healthy snacks and meals - hoping this keeps my number down. But what I really want to eat is CEREAL.


Sweet baby girl, we will meet you this month! Your daddy and I are super excited and spend ridiculous amounts of time  talking about how ready we are to meet you. You were prayed for and wanted and you will finally be here.  Keep growing strong but know that a week or two early is fine by us! We will be waiting!

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for business loan to refinance your needs then pedro loan offer will be good for you because is genuine and liable to work with on an affordable rate and simple loan terms and conditions, also for any kind of loans you wished to apply with email pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete