Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sunday Morning Mimosa Bar

This weekend, we celebrated my sweet friend and her precious baby boy (arriving in June!)  As everyone knows, I love a good party.....and especially, I love a party celebrating a sweet baby!!
The shower had a nautical theme: "Ahoy Its a Boy!" with beautiful preppy summery decorations, lots of red, blue and white and gorgeous flowers.  We served brunch food and I was assigned Mimosas for the cocktail of choice!
I decided why just do mimosas when I could set up an entire Mimosa bar?!?! (My friend, Avery, used to always make Mimosa bars at our Jackson parties and I thought it was so festive!)  So I set up a lovely bar for guests to make their own Mimosas. It's a fun drink station to have a party and it is not much work...exactly what I love, LOTS OF IMPACT, LITTLE WORK :)

{1}
 Set out glasses and possibly arrange on a cute tray!


{2}
Pick 3 different types of fruit juises for the guests to choose from. I picked classic OJ, grapefruit juice and strawberry orange banana. Pour the juices into pitchers.
{3}
Set out a couple **SPARKLY** options for mixers.  Buy a few bottles of a sparkly wine or champagne and some type of bubbly water or soda for the non drinkers or mommies to be! (I chose ginger ale.)


{4}
Finally, serve 2-3 fruit garnishes. I think berries or cut up citrus fruit is probably the best. I served blueberries, strawberries and orange slices.


See? So simple, but it makes a simple cocktail feel like an event.  I may have to try this at more parties! (Excuse the photos still showing a kitchen in progress and a charging phone! I took these pics pre party while we were still cooking and setting up! The party was too fun to remember to take pictures later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment