Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Everyday Blessings

Before we got married, I told Dave that although I was excited about the wedding ceremony and reception, I was most excited about the day after the wedding when I could wake up and be his wife...

and I felt the same way about Cali, sad to leave our honeymoon, but eager to get home to our new home together...

....because life isn't wedding ceremonies and proposals and trips and HIGHS.  Although all of that is wonderful :) And I will share all about our wedding which was perfect in my opinion....but what I love most is living life with Dave, good and bad.

And, that's what we are doing now.  And every little chore or everyday activity is exciting...cooking Saturday pancakes, grocery shopping, doing our laundry, cooking dinners, watching tv on the couch in our own home together.  I can't help but look across the grocery store aisle and think that this is the man I will be eating all my meals with for years to come.  Dave's gotten used to my random staring and smiling... and the sweet boy humors me :) But, I can't help it, I feel so so blessed to get to live everyday moments with him!

And, I'm not a fool. The simple everyday chores of life will not always seem that exciting -- eventually it will just be grocery shopping, just be cooking, just be running errands and even with Dave involved, these things will still be chores.... but I am enjoying this stage when even the errands and folding clothes are special.

And, I hope that a few years from now, with kids and work and stress, I remember my first few months of marriage and remember what a blessing it is to have someone here for everyday life...because life is going to mostly be boring Monday nights and paying bills and washing dishes, but what a blessing to do those things with someone else!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love this so much, Katy! So glad that you are enjoying all the little moments, as simple as they may be!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete