Wednesday, August 14, 2013

RECIPE: Taco Macaroni

Last night, I tried a new recipe. I like macaroni, but I never see it as a main dish. However this dish adds meat and taco seasoning and we really liked it.  Its a quick meal, served with some fresh cut veggies!



INGREDIENTS:
6 oz macaroni 
1⁄2 lb lean ground beef 
1⁄2 packet taco seasoning 
2 oz Neufchatel cheese 
11⁄2 cup 2 % shredded Cheddar cheese, divided


DIRECTIONS:

1. Prepare noodles as directed on package.

2. Brown the beef and drain.

3. Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning to beef and simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Stir in neufchatel cheese until melted.

5. Add pasta to a casserole dish.

6. Stir in 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.




7. Top the noodles with beef mixture and stir to combine. (I failed to stir it, but it still turned out fine!) 

8. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.




9. Bake for 15-20 min at 350 degrees.


Dave liked it, even ate two servings.  It was so simple and I was even able to prepare it then cook it later.  (As if thats necessary now when I have TONS of free time, but I am always thinking future because when we both work, we will be getting dinner together after 6pm each night!)

Plus I was able to cut the fat some by using lean beef and light cheese! I will for sure make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment