Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Weekend Adventures: Shenandoah

This past weekend, Dave and I went to Shenandoah River State Park with some church friends, and by church friends, I mean we originally knew 2-3 people out of the 20 or so people there, but now we know a lot more!!! So glad we went.  I am alone during the day and see Dave in the evenings and occasionally a friend, but not working has given me a LOT of alone time.  At first, after a busy spring, this was wonderful....now I have grown to dislike it! So I was glad to spend time with people.

Dave and I arrived about 9:30 Saturday morning and took a hike then ate our picnic lunch.  At that point, we were able to catch up when some other people who arrived and were hiking.  We spent the rest of the day hiking and hanging out with people in the cabin.  That night we all cooked out and made s'mores. It was a little cooler, so the weather was perfect for sitting on the deck and chatting and enjoying a good glass of wine :)

 An overlook on one of our hikes

Hiking with my favorite guy

Shenandoah is beautiful and we drove back on Skyline Drive so that we would see even more views!!  We hope to go back this fall and see the leaves changing and maybe even camp again in the fall weather!

Views on our Skyline Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment