Tuesday, August 13, 2013

RECIPE: Swiss Chicken

I've had only one horrible cooking experience since we got married.... it was a swiss chicken recipe gone wrong.  We ended the night with frozen pizza.  To be fair, dinner wasn't burned or cooked incorrectly, just not a good recipe.  The recipe I tried included a half cup of wine and the wine did not seem to cook out properly, so it tasted like we were drinking hot white wine with our chicken!

Finding food that is simple enough for Dave YET still something I like is a challenge at times and I was convinced that if we tweaked this recipe we would both like it!! BONUS POINTS that it is easy and something we can cook easily when we are both employed!! I took my sister in law's recipe and my recipe and doctored it up a bit to come up with a recipe that we definitely liked!

INGREDIENTS
4 thin chicken breasts
4 pieces of 2 % swiss cheese
1/2 cup cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp melted butter (to keep the fat down, we used "I can't believe it's not butter")
1 - 1.5 cups stuffing

STEPS
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
3. Top with swiss cheese.
4. Mix broth and cream of chicken soup together and pour over chicken and cheese.
5. Pour stuffing on top of mixture.
6. Drizzle melted butter on top of stuffing.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.



It turned out really well, served over brown rice with veggies. We definitely liked the version WITHOUT wine better than our original attempt and will make it again.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you for not giving up! I usually just throw a recipe away and never think about it again when it goes bad.

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete